Vision, Purpose, Promise
Our vision is that Calderdale is inclusive and welcoming, where those seeking asylum and refugees can fully participate in the life of the valley and be recognised for their contribution.
As a resident of Calderdale, I am committed to this valley being a place of welcome, inclusion and possibility for those coming to seek sanctuary in the UK. I recognise the positive contribution made to our communities by those given the chance to rebuild their lives and look forward to coming together in our activities and life as a valley.
We are a network of individuals and organisations that collaborate to welcome people seeking asylum and refugees who have made Calderdale their home. All that we do will be directed by their experiences We stand in solidarity with those experiencing discrimination based on their immigration status.”
- We identify gaps in support.
- We connect people to places and communities.
- We advocate and educate to create a society which is fully inclusive of people seeking asylum and refugees.
It’s free and easy for individuals and organisations to become members of Calderdale Valley of Sanctuary.
As a supporter you will
- Receive newsletter and email updates with information about campaigns, events like Refugee Week, local organisations, training and volunteering opportunities.
- Attend the AGM in a non-voting capacity and receive invitations to attend VoS network meetings.
- Receive VoS promotional materials eg. window stickers.
As a member you will
- Vote at AGM
- Receive updates
- Access resources and training on the asylum system, activism etc
- Include the VoS logo on organisational publicity
- Access funding which is available to VoS members
- Receive VoS promotional material eg. window stickers
For more information on how you can get involved in the work of Calderdale Valley of Sanctuary, either as an individual or an organisation, please email [email protected]