Refugee Week is a UK-wide festival celebrating the contribution of asylum seekers and refugees, and promoting understanding of why people seek sanctuary. This year it will be held from 14-20 June with the theme “We Cannot Walk Alone” and everyone is welcome. #RefugeeWeek2021 #WeCannotWalkAlone
Let’s celebrate it together by joining the Refugee Week events.
Please click on this link to get the full details of Refugee Week events_timetable 2021
Interesting Webinar on Monday 14th June 2021.
Join us celebrating Refugee and Asylum seekers’ achievements. Here is the webinar programme Launching Webinar
We can’t wait to see you and share our stories.
Join our event: Collaborative Poem Writing
Wednesday 16th June 2021
Please express your interest to join our poem writing session by emailing us at: [email protected]
It would be a lovely chance to get together to write a poem to celebrate Refugee Week under the theme ” We can’t walk alone”.
Friday 18th June 2021
From 5 Pm
Here are 7 selected recipes from Jack Monroe’s book ” Good Food for Bad Days” Jack Monroe
We selected these recipes for you to join us in celebrating Refugee Week by cooking a nice meal to share with your family on Friday 18th June 2021 starting from 5 pm.
Please share some photos and send them to: [email protected]
Refugee Week is a UK-wide festival celebrating the contribution of asylum seekers and refugees, and promoting understanding of why people seek sanctuary. This year it will be held from 15-21 June with the theme ‘Imagine’ and everyone is welcome. #RefugeeWeek202
Here in Calderdale, Refugee Week is open to all and is driven by our Valley Of Sanctuary – a growing network of local groups, businesses and organisations who have come together to make our borough a place of welcome and hospitality for all, especially for refugees seeking sanctuary from war and persecution. It’s part of the UK-wide City of Sanctuary movement, which you can read about here. @CalderdaleVoS #CalderdaleVOS
- Monday 15th, purchase a delicious Iranian two-course, takeaway meal by Leila’s Kitchen and Together We Grow. Available to pick up from St Augustine’s at 12 noon. – NOW SOLD OUT!
- Tuesday 16th & Wednesday 17th St Augustine’s Centre will share a brand new video featuring some of the Refugees and Asylum Seekers living in Calderdale, and some beautiful statistics by artist Ruth Dyer @infostaugs @StAugustinesCentreHalifax
- Thursday 18th onward, share recipes from around the world #BonAppetitCalderdale
- On Friday 19th Artworks will share the results of #HereIAm, a project celebrating the people of Calderdale featuring creative work by many Calderdale residents including asylum seekers and refugees, on social media
- On Saturday 20th at 2pm watch Stand and Be Counted, a theatre of sanctuary, perform #HereIAm on Zoom and their Facebook page
- On Sunday 21st, a special recording of #HereIAm at the Piece Hall will be shared on their social media @TheArtw0rks @ThePieceHall
- Why not make a square for this Corona Quilt project
- Read a book, watch a film, share a song, join the movement… – take part in one or more of these eight simple acts which can be done at home and help you stand with refugees.
- Calderdale Libraries have made a range of recommended books available in their digital library, as e-books and audio-books. It’s free to join!
- Dip into this wide array of free online events happening across the UK.
Join our movement!
- Are you a business, organisation or group interested in helping Calderdale welcome, support and engage people fleeing persecution and war? Join Calderdale’s Valley of Sanctuary and check our Facebook and Twitter accounts for more info.
- Find out how you can volunteer with or donate to St Augustines Centre, who support over 600 migrants refugees and asylum seekers living in Calderdale.
- Check out Together We Grow’s website to find out about the wonderful cultural and sports activities they offer to refugees and migrants.